Friday, April 15, 2011

"To see Him is to see the Father"

The other day (Wednesday) me and my Relief Society took a trip to STG to see the temple and to take a tour of the visitors center. It was a fun trip! The sister missionaries who showed us around the spot made me want to go on a mission so bad!!! Here is a little bit of my experience!
"I go, to prepare a mansion for you, In the kingdom of my Father."

What a glorious temple! I know this picture isn't all that great.. First of all, I had to take it quick cause it was the only time our relief society was outside and it was when we were walking between the visitors centers, so I just had to walk and snap. And this is what I got. I also played with my photo editor. I know I don't really know what I am doing in that field either but I just wanted to have some fun.
I have been to the temple multiple times. But for some reason, this time, the Christus really touched me. What a beautiful center piece for our visitors centers. It shows how our Gospel is centered on Christ. We are The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. I linked a talk given by Boyd K. Packer at the April 2011 General conference for the church. In it he said "The world will refer to us as they will, but in our speech, always remember that we belong to to Church of Jesus Christ." My bishop said something profound the other day, he said "always remember, thats what you do at baptism, you become HIS." What a blessing we have to be Gods children. To have a Savior, Jesus Christ, who was willing to sacrifice for each of us individually. That he not only lived, but he died and lives again. He is preparing a mansion for each of us. I am so greatful for this!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that picture of the temple Chandis. You are so awesome!

Chandis Jade said...

Thanks Lora! :D