Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Realization...



I was studying in the Scriptures and the Conference Edition Ensign today and felt to read my patriarchal blessing. I studied it out and then prayed to my Heavenly Father very earnestly about a few things that I've been struggling with. Very few times in my life have I poured out my heart like that to my God in prayer...

But while I was praying and thinking a scripture and a thought to accompany it came to my mind... I looked up from my bowing head to see 2 pictures in my room. One of Christ the Savior Walking out of the Tomb on that First Easter morning, and the Second of Christ when He shall return to this Earth, His Arms stretched out, clearly showing the scars of His Crucifixion. I thought of the scripture, It must be found in other places but where I found it was, Doctrine and Covenants 45: 51-52

51 And then shall the aJews blook upon me and say: What are these cwounds in thine hands and in thy feet?

52 Then shall they know that I am the Lord; for I will say unto them: These wounds are the wounds with which I was awoundedin the house of my friends. I am he who was lifted up. I am Jesus that was bcrucified. I am the cSon of God.

I've always thought, that His arms would stretch out and show the Jews his Scars as if to say "Look what you did to me, your Christ, your King." I realized this was wrong, oh so wrong... He would show the Scars of his suffering not for chastisement, but instead as if to say "Look what I did for you, your Christ, your King."

Oh how my heart aches to be enveloped in the Arms of my Savior.

D&C 10: 65-66

65 For, behold, I will agather them as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, if they will not harden their hearts;

66 Yea, if they will come, they may, and partake of the awaters of life freely.

These thoughts and ideas have brought so much peace to my heart, I wanted to write it down before I forgot, I also wanted to share it with anyone who might find use of it! The Church is True, The Gospel is REAL and moving forward like a stone cut out of a mount! It WILL fill the whole earth one day! I am so grateful for it and the guidance, comfort, and peace it brings me!





No comments: